Agrifood National Cluster
The Agrifood Marche Cluster adheres to the National Agrifood Cluster CL.A.N..
The national technological clusters are active instruments created by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, (MIUR). They coordinate and manage national and international projects; they spread the developing policy of local enterprises; they maintain a direct contact with local administration.
The MIUR gave a particular importance to the development of clusters, because they encourage an economic and sustainable growth of local and national territories.
The MIUR chose nine different strategic areas for national technological development, defined in Position Paper CTN, gave more than 400 Million Euro distributed with a grant in the half of 2012. The purpose of this loan is to create or foster national clusters in the several strategically areas mentioned above.
The CLUSTER AGRIFOOD NATIONAL (CL.A.N) represents the coherent evolution of an important shared path between the main national actors in the entire agri-food chain, of scientific and industrial research, of production activities, and of the territorial institutions of the vocation areas.
The agrifood cluster is:
- A collaborative and inclusive environment
- An opportunity for a strategic approach to intelligent food production
- A real possibility of a permanent relationship with the best national skills and experiences
- An opportunity multiplier
- A future investment
The CL.A.N. National cluster identifies 3 thrust engines for agri-food innovation
- IMPROVING HEALTH, WELLBEING AND LONGEVITY
- STRENGTHEN THE CONSUMER'S CONFIDENCE TOWARDS THE FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE AND COMPETITIVE FOOD PRODUCTION
For more info: www.clusteragrifood.it/